MEng Career Services
As a Master of Engineering student, you can take advantage of our comprehensive and aggressive career development and job search program. You will receive advice from the MEng Assistant Directors of Career Services who work with the Duke Career Center to coordinate various activities throughout the year. Career development begins as part of new student orientation, with activities focused on career exploration and development, and continues with ongoing seminars and workshops. The Assistant Directors of Career Services provide advising through Duke's Career Center and will guide you through Duke's recruiting resources, such as:
- On-campus recruiting, including career fairs, information sessions, and tech talks
- Career Connections, an online system for researching industries and employers, exploring career opportunities and searching and applying for jobs
- Invidual and group career coaching encompassing resume and cover letter critique, interview coaching, negotiation discussions, career changes, career decisions, career exploration, online presence, and networking
- Assessments such as the MBTI and the Strong Interest Inventory to help identify how students’ personality and interests impact their career decisions
- Workgroups, a support system to help students stay on track, motivated and focused with quantifiable objectives during the job search process
- Special networking events such as Career Fairs, Tech Connect, Night with Industry and Alumni Networking Event
- Resume and cover letter development, interviewing tips, and social media advice
Industry Partners: Download more information on hiring MEng students or partnering with the program.
Duke’s Master of Engineering Program prepares its technology-focused graduates for a variety of careers in industry through its in-depth curriculum and dedicated career resources. The program’s Career Services team supports students within each major in their internship and job search, including major-specific resources, career management skills, building professional relationships, and exploring opportunities with top organizations.