MEng in Civil Engineering
Faculty in Duke's Civil Engineering programs are conducting fracture mechanics studies that will lead to better material design. We're researching ways to assess risks posed by natural hazards and to protect critical infrastructure components such as (power substations and telecommunication centers) from such hazards. We are learning how to noninvasively interrogate subsurface environments and to characterize and model geophysical and geochemical behavior. And we're learning to harvest energy from vibrations from the ocean, bridges, or construction sites. Problem solving is the common thread that runs through our work, and is the core of what we teach our students. As a Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering student, you will gain the technology know-how and practical management skills needed to enter the broad-ranging civil engineering industry.
Duke's Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering program emphasizes business and management skills, through Core Industry Preparatory Courses, an Internship, and practical civil engineering analysis, through departmental and concentration area requirements in:
- Computational Engineering
- Systems Engineering and Optimization
|Review the MEng Civil Engineering curriculum|
As a MEng student, you will develop an understanding of the corporate climate. Our graduates enter practice-oriented professions ready to assume leadership positions and trained to interact effectively with various facets of an organization.
The MEng in Civil Engineering is targeted to:
- Practicing engineers and scientists with backgrounds in engineering seeking a Master’s degree, earning a deeper technical understanding along with broad leadership and management skills
- Recent undergraduates in engineering (or physical sciences with appropriate make-up courses) who wish to obtain a non-thesis Master’s degree in civil engineering in preparation for professional work or as a first step towards subsequent graduate study in civil engineering
- Individuals seeking expertise in one of the highly specialized concentration areas offered within the MEng in Civil Engineering
|COMPARE CEE DEGREE OPTIONS|