MEng in Environmental Engineering
Duke's Environmental Engineering programs prepares students to tackle some of the biggest problems facing society today--problems such as understanding how nanotechnology affects the environment, managing water resources or managing environmental remediation. You can be part of the solution by advancing your education in environmental engineering and making a difference in your professional career. Our Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering degree will prepare you to lead in an industry that is constantly evolving--whether you pursue employment in the private sector or government.
|Review the MEng Environmental Engineering curriculum|
Our program draws from Duke's Pratt School of Engineering and the Nicholas School of the Environment--so you get the best of both faculty. As a MEng student, you will take Core Industry Preparatory Courses and an Internship, Departmental Requirements, and you can further individualize their studies through intense training in one of four current areas of Advanced Specialization:
- Environmental Nanotechnology
- Ecohydrology and Environmental Fluid Dynamics
- Environmental Process Engineering
- Environmental Engineering and Public Policy
A centerpiece of our MEng program is the Center for the Environmental Implication of NanoTechnology (CEINT). CEINT is a $14 million federal research program based at Duke dedicated to understanding how nanomaterials affect the environment. Nanomaterials are used in everything from cosmetics to medicines to paints and coatings, and you can be part of responsibly managing the use of such materials by advancing your education at Duke.
The MEng in Environmental Engineering is targeted to:
- Practicing engineers and scientists with backgrounds in engineering seeking a Master’s degree, earning a deeper technical understanding along with broad leadership and management skills
- Recent undergraduates in engineering (or physical sciences with appropriate make-up courses) who wish to obtain a non-thesis Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering in preparation for professional work or as a first step towards subsequent graduate study in Environmental Engineering
- Individuals seeking expertise in one of the highly specialized concentration areas offered within the MEng in Environmental Engineering
The challenge of sustainable environmental quality requires innovative thinking, clear leadership and strong technical expertise. Duke’s MEng in Environmental Engineering will give you the comprehensive training an industry leader needs to have to protect our natural resources.
|COMPARE CEE DEGREE OPTIONS|