Submitting Final Transcripts

For Admitted Students

Welcome to Duke Engineering's professional programs!

Now that you've been admitted and accepted our offer, you should submit final official transcripts from each institution listed in your application.

For all who accept Duke's offer of admission

Now that you've been admitted and have accepted Duke's offer, you should now submit final official transcripts from each institution listed in your application.

  • If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at
  • If your transcripts cannot be sent due to a valid extenuating circumstance, contact
  • NOTE: There is no need to provide separate transcripts from study-abroad institutions, as long as the study-abroad credits appear on your official transcript from your home educational institution

How to Submit Your Transcript

Please request that each institution you have attended send Duke a final official transcript. Electronic transcripts are preferred.

Each transcript should show:

  • All work completed
  • Name of the degree conferred
  • The date the degree was conferred
  • A signature, in ink, of the appropriate official (examples: Registrar, Recorder of Records)
  • Official institutional seal

Electronic Transcripts

  • Are preferred by Duke
  • Electronic transcripts sent directly from the educational institution to Duke are considered official
  • Have electronic transcripts sent to
  • If your educational institution uses Parchment services, our name is:
    • "Duke University-Master Of Engineering Management (MEM) And Master Of Engineering (MEng)"

Paper Transcripts

Electronic transcripts are preferred.

Questions? Send questions to

Transcript Concerns

  • Your Degree Has Been Conferred
    If you have already completed a degree, please request that the school send Duke a final transcript showing all work completed, date of degree, and date degree conferred. However, if your transcript does not include the date and degree conferred, you must also submit a copy of your diploma, graduation certificate, or degree verification document.
  • Your Final Transcript is Not Yet Available
    If you completed your degree very recently or are still enrolled in a degree program, your final official transcript may not be available until very close to your enrollment date (late December/ early January or late summer). Duke will matriculate you without the final transcript. However, you must submit your final official transcript during new-student orientation, or your student status may be in jeopardy. Once the final transcript becomes available, request that it be sent to Duke immediately.
  • You Only Have One Final Official Transcript
    We are aware that some international schools issue only one official transcript. If this is the case for the school or schools you attended, DO NOT send these documents to us. Unfortunately, Duke cannot return materials submitted in support of an application. Instead, send us exact copies that have been stamped as "Certified True Copies" by the appropriate institutional official of each institution that you attended. Copies that are not certified are not acceptable.
  • Your Transcript is in a Language Other Than English
    If your final official transcripts are not in English, please provide BOTH the original official transcript AND an English translation. If your institution does not issue documents in English, you must have the transcripts translated by a professional translation service. Self‐translations and notarized translations will not be accepted.
  • You Do Not Submit Your Official Transcripts
    The submission of the final official transcript is essential for enrollment at Duke. If you do not verify your degree and submit your transcript before orientation, your enrollment could be in jeopardy. Therefore, you must send the required transcripts to Duke as soon as possible.